-Your Career Starts Here
- Looking for a career that does not chain you to a desk?
- Excited by state-of-the-art technology that is constantly changing?
- Enjoy working with your hands or have a mechanical aptitude?
- Want a career that is in high demand today and in the future?
Join the team that is Building Wisconsin and become an Operating Engineer!
Ever been to Miller Park, driven on I-90 or watched the water go down your drain? You can thank an Operating Engineer for that! Operating Engineers are the skilled professionals that operate heavy, power construction equipment, such as graders, bulldozers, and cranes to move and grade earth, erect structures or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement.
A four year apprenticeship program with Wisconsin Operating Engineers prepares you for a rewarding career working with respected contractors throughout the State of Wisconsin. The best part of apprenticeship is that you EARN while you LEARN! Start building your future today!
Do you qualify?
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, G.E.D. or high school equivalency diploma
- Pass the Job Skills test with a score of 70 or better
- Physically able to meet the physical requirements of the job, which includes working in a variety of weather conditions and confined areas
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation
- U.S. Citizen or proof of legal residency
- Pass substance abuse screening
To learn more about applying for apprenticeship with Wisconsin Operating Engineers, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Operating Engineer Apprenticeship includes:
- 4 year training program
- 6,000 hours on-the-job training
- 400 hours paid related instruction
- 250 hours unpaid related instruction
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification
- Transition-To-Trainer Course
Click here to learn more about apprenticeship in Wisconsin: